Volunteering & Student Work Based Learning
HealthWorks Volunteer and Student Work Based Learning Program Information
HealthWorks offers a volunteer program for college students applying to Physical Therapy school.
On average, volunteers are in the clinic 1 day per week for up to 4 hours, depending on the amount of hours they wish to acquire. Volunteers assist the clinical staff with daily tasks and observe patient care as appropriate. If you are interested in volunteering at the Maple Drive clinic, please contact one of the volunteer coordinators for more information.
PROCEDURE FOR VOLUNTEERS:
To VOLUNTEER (for hours needed to apply to Physical Therapy school):
Contact the Volunteer Coordinators. They will return your message with information regarding availability and scheduling. Kristin Feathers, ATC.PTA at: [email protected], or Jeremy Whiteman, DPT at: [email protected].
- Complete the information packet below and return it to HealthWorks Rehab and Fitness.
- Please Note -We can only take 5-6 volunteers per semester.
PROCEDURE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WANTING TO SHADOW A PT FOR WORK BASED LEARNING PROGRAM:
• You must be a former HealthWorks patient or a child of a former HealthWorks patient.
• You should contact the Physical Therapist who treated you or your parent, and see if they are willing to assist you with this assignment.
• Please fill out the information below and return it to that specific therapist at HealthWorks Rehab and Fitness.
• That therapist will contact you if they can help you. If you do not hear from anyone within 1-2 weeks you may want to consider other options.