Care for your back and neck
Back and neck pain can be one of the most frustrating things you encounter in life. More than 80% of adults experience some form of back pain that will limit their ability to perform normal daily activities. Back pain is also one of the most common reasons for missed work, which can lead to lost wages and productivity.
Pain may occur when sitting, standing, walking or going about daily chores. It may be in the neck, lower back or extend into the legs. Your pain may be dull or sharp, intermittent or constant. Simple tasks become unbearable and quality of life can suffer.
What is causing your pain
The complexity of the spine and neck coupled with the number of muscles and tendons in the back can make finding the cause of pain difficult. Back and neck pain can come from several causes, including:
- Poor muscle tone
- Muscle tension or spasm
- Sprain or strain
- Ligament or muscle tears
- Injuries or conditions in other areas of the body
- Herniated discs
- Nerve dysfunction
- Inflammation of spinal joints
- Slipped vertebrae and/or stress fracture of the spine
How physical therapy can help
Our physical therapists specialize in treating back and neck pain. We will create a treatment plan specific to your condition and overall goals. Together, we will work to ease your pain, restore function and get you back to what you love.
Your treatment may include:
- Lumbar stabilization/core strengthening
- Lower extremity strengthening
- Stretching and flexibility exercises
- Manual therapy and mobilization techniques such as dry needling and instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Posture, exercises and training
- Body mechanics and functional training