What Are Custom Orthotics?
Custom Orthotics are custom made orthope-dic devices that fit inside your footwear. They are specifically prescribed to the biomechani-cal and medical needs of the patient to treat or adjust various biomechanical disorders in the feet and throughout the body.
During standing and walking our bodies are subjected to the natural forces that can inflict mechanical stress and strain throughout our joints. When foot imbalance is present there is a negative impact in the knees / hips / back and neck. This imbalance must be re-moved to achieve improved posture and alignment.
Orthotics correct this imbalance improving the biomechanics of the body leading to relief of pains throughout the body.
Knee braces are devices that can be worn for injured or painful knees. These braces are made from combinations of metal, foam, plastic, elastic material and straps. Knee braces are available in many styles, designs, and colors.
There are four main kinds of knee braces:
- Prophylactic braces are designed to protect knees and prevent injuries.
- Functional braces lend support to knees during functional activities including sports.
- Rehabilitative braces are used to limit harmful knee movement while a knee is healing after an injury or surgery.
- Unloader/Offloader braces are designed to provide relief to people who have arthritic conditions of the knee joint.
Anyone who enjoys walking, running, or sporting activities that require a length of time on their feet would benefit from a Gait Evaluation. Many people are unable to do the activities they enjoy due to back, hip, knee, or foot pain. A Gait Evaluation will help identify specific problem areas and help re-turn a person back to the activities they en-joy. A Gait Evaluation and the recommended strategies that result can also help prevent future injuries. Our staff will assist with:
- Appropriate footwear and/or the need for custom in-shoe orthotics
- Training modifications and home pain management techniques
- Appropriate strength and flexibility exercises
- General injury prevention suggestions
Diabetic / Orthopedic Footwear:
Shoes for feet that require special care, including diabetic, arthritic and other types of medical conditions. Because there are more bones and joints in the foot than any other part of the body, shoes play an important and therapeutic part in maintaining an active life and comfort level for the arthritic person. See www.drewshoe.com for more information on footwear selection.
- Custom Orthotics
- Custom and Off the Shelf Knee Braces
- General Sports Medicine Bracing
- Post-op Braces
- Diabetic / Orthopedic Footwear
- Gait Evaluation